Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goals layout for 2011

This doesn't exactly fit in with my "One Little Word" book but there's definitely some overlap. 

While this wouldn't be my favorite piece I've ever made, I do like it, particularly because it's really not my normal style.  One thing I'm going for this year is to try to get out of my little bubble and try some new things.  I tend to have a very linear, clean style so the really messed up background and collage-like piecing is VERY out of my normal box.

I'm submitting this for
Get Your Sketch On #2
Better Living Through Scrapbooking #1

GYSO:

BLTS:
Use at least two of the following criteria:

1. Include a calendar. On the goal bubble
2. Use paint in some way on your layout.  All OVER the background paper.  White, Black, Yellow acrylic paint, silver "spritz" ink, and Tattered Angels dk. red.
3. Journal on an unconventional surface. Didn't do this one..
4. Sew!  The peace sign is entirely stitched and there's bit of faux stitching for the balloon strings.

3 comments:

  1. It has such a fabulous grungy feel! Thanks for playing at GYSO :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout!! It is fun to get out of your comfort zone sometimes:) Thanks for playing along with us at GYSO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, thanks for playing at GYSO!

    ReplyDelete