Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Winter, how do I love thee?

The first Feb. challenge over at Better Living Through Scrapbooking is to make a page about how you feel about winter while fulfilling at least 2 of the 4 criteria.:

1. Use “non-winter” colors. Avoid icy blues and lots of white, go for spring-y pastels or summery brights.
2. Use a paper punch.
3. Channel your inner kindergartner – fold up a square or circle of paper and a snowflake!
4. Emboss an element on your layout.

I wanted to do a real wintery page so I stuck with traditional colors.  I also wanted to use the punches, have always really stunk up the place when trying to make folded snowflakes so I stayed away from those.  I love the look of embossed snowflakes so it easily came together.  I did this as a 6x6 because I think I'd like to do one for each season and then put them together in a 12x12 page.
The stamps are from SU's Supersized Snowflake (accidentally shifted when put down but it's a snowflake- they're not perfect) and Christmas Punch.  The little snowflakes were punched with the coordinating Boho Blossoms punch.  The large snowflake and the smaller ones one blue paper were stamped with VersaMark and embossed using an irridescent EP.  The snowflakes on white and the sentiment are stamped with Tim Holtz's Faded Jeans ink.  All snowflakes have a tiny "diamond."  At first I thought everyone was too much but they're snowflakes- how can it be too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment