Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Boy's Bad Day layout

Here's one I've wanted to scrap but hadn't gotten around to until Better Living Through Scrapbooking gave me a shove.  Their theme for March's First Challenge is a bad day: this challenge is to "scrap one of those times that things didn’t go as you’d planned. Make a layout that preserves a highly anticipated day that went badly, an unwelcome disruption of a big event, or just your run of the mill bad day."  I was going to scrap something about myself but I figure that my "One Little Word" class will address enough of my hangups and angsts that I don't need to revisit them here.  LOL!  Then I saw Corrie Jones' DT layout about her daughter and that reminded me of this page that I've had on hold.  (Sorry for the "flash-blast" on Boy's face!)

The additional rule is to use at least two of the following: (I did 1, 2 & 4)
1. Include hidden journaling about the event that inspired your layout. (you can see that the WAAAARGHHH!!! is used as a handle to pull out additional journaling, detailing what I wanted to capture initially in this "photo shoot": The Boy's favorite toys.)
2. Draw or doodle a border to a picture on the layout. (The "explosive" edging around the main photo and journaling was penned.)
3. Make one prominent item one that isn’t a traditional scrapbooking element. Leave the paper crafting section of your local craft store – or leave the craft store alltogether – to find an interesting focal point for your project.
4. Write about it – if you have a blog, or if you post the project to an online gallery, write a description of the event that inspired the project. When you put your layout in the mini-gallery, leave a comment with a link to the blog post or gallery entry.  (You're reading it.)

The layout is from Coordinates Collection's March single page sketch challenge.  I added an extra photo instead of some of the decorative edging in the column and I flipped the layout since my photos were facing left but other than that, for once I stayed pretty true to the sketch.

I'm also entering this in Craft Your Passion's Challenge #48: Anything Goes

Ingredients:
Stamps: SU's Toy Box, SU's Brushstroke Alphabet, Letters from a Target $1 aisle set
Paper: SU's Whisper White, Brilliant Blue and Pumpkin Pie (textured)
Coloring: Zig Pens, Staedtler watercolor pencils
Other: SEI's Monsterville Blurb, "W" tile from K&Co.

2 comments:

  1. Great layout! I am not a scrapbooker, so I envy anyone who can get them to come out well! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this LO- awesome work & gotta love that cute lil face :)

    Hugz, Deb

    ReplyDelete