Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Decorated Altoids box

I've been wanting to do one of these but just hadn't gotten to it.  It wasn't quite as easy as I'd been led to believe- the inner papers weren't able to cut to fit well and I struggled with the ModPodge around the hinges.  However, for a first go, I'm pretty happy with it. 

I started with the flowers keeping their chipboard centers but took them back out and replaced them with pearls.


With pearls

With the chipboard centers:

I'd love to tell you more about the papers but I think they're ones I picked up loose at Michaels so all bets are off.  I think the chipboard shapes came from a K&Co. set I found at Walmart in the clearance area for $1.  I inked the chipboard with white craft ink, Rose Romance, Garden Green and Only Olive from SU and then used Crystal Effects on them.  It didn't work real well- the inks kept bleeding and moving around in the CE so it was a bit messy and they didn't color the way I would have liked.  I need to do more work with chipboard- not something I've used much until now.  I used TH's Walnut ink to age the papers a bit and used glossy ModPodge to put the papers on.

I think this will be used to house a gift card for my Mom for Mother's Day.

I'm entering this in
Craft Test Dummies Go Green Linky Party
Pear Tree Design's Challenge 46: Colourful

1 comment: