Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Who Says it's Spring?!

You may (or may not) remember that I did a Winter layout back in Feb. for a Better Living Through Scrapbooking challenge.  At the time I said I wanted to do one for each season.  Well, it's time for spring... if that's what it's called here.

April's 2nd challenge is Spring In My Yard”

Take a photo of one or more signs that spring has arrived in your yard and build a layout or project around it.
Use at least two of the following criteria:
1. Use a monochromatic color scheme (green)
2. Include some ribbon (I almost added some leaf ribbon but it was a bit too yellow and a bit too much)
3. Use your printer to create one element on the layout other than the picture. (pix only)
4. Title your layout, but do not use the word “Spring.” Find some other word or words to get the point across.  (I frequently say, "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas any more" and it just jumped at me for this project.)

I know this is a SUPER simple page but I just want to keep these 4 seasonal pages pretty clean so they can work with one another pretty easily.  I was going to use rubon letters but I didn't want white or black so I simply hand did them in a similar style.  I used a green Copic and Sharpie, print paper from an SU hostess 6x6, and generic green buttons with light green embroidery floss.

4 comments:

  1. At least you have seasons. in Cali we don't see trees bloom like that. I love journaling on pages, i think it makes our hobby worth it, knowing someday future generations willbe reading them.

    http://sillyp4jc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, North Jersey is just now getting some warm weather and the bushes and trees have finally bloomed :)

    Love your simple layout...
    Hugs,
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! My home in NC was very very similar and I miss it very much. Fun title; so much better than "spring!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hun.. Glad you received the stamps safely. Hope you stop by my blog again soon. Lots of yummy goodies are coming!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete