Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Parade Page

7/8 Update: I did add another strand of twine to each twirl and I definitely like it more:

What can I say- getting my papers picked ahead of time is DEFINITELY working for me.  This page is pretty simple but that tends to be my style.  I'd like to go more decorative but when I'm working, I just can't come up with loads that I want to pile one.  However, on this one, I think I'm going to add more twine to the swirls- they're a bit too thin this way.  I realized once I had everything done and made that one of my pleated paper circles had a decorative edge, the other straight but at this point, they can just be that way.  They were a PAIN to make- the paper was only 1/2" wide and the pleats were on the 1/8th" so they were small to work with.

Ingredients:
Paper: Cardstock: Stampin Up & Michaels  DSP: October Afternoon
Misc: Twine: Whisker Graphics, Rubons: October Afternoon, Stickers: Thickers

Challenges:
  • Whisker Graphics from Facebook- use any WG product
  • Apron Strings: Out with Old, In with New Day #3: Use old scraps with some new products.  The only paper that's "new" is the 12x12.  All of the photo mats are from my scrap folders and some of the papers have to be at least 5-6yrs old.  Yeah.  I know.  On the other hand, the twine was from a FB prize I won from Whisker Graphics- it arrived in the mail yesterday.  That's pretty new.  :)
  • Practical Scrappers: July Sketch: I got pretty loose with this but it was definitely my launch point.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I do like the additional Twine. I struggle with getting more embellies on pages too. Sometimes I know a layout needs more, but can't figure out where or what.

    ReplyDelete