Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Banner

Hey!  Remember me!  Long time, no post!  I'd love to say I've been swamped under crafting but not so much.  I've been working on Christmas cards but that's about it.  It's been more like crazed Christmas shopping, decorating, cleaning, subbing at Beast's preschool, dealing with the utter shock that it's Dec. (I'm SURE it must be April!), blah blah blah.

One thing I did manage to do was finish our Christmas banner for the mantel.  It's a bit plainer than I envisioned but I like it this way- definitely clean and simple.  I was having a hard time coming up with the right font for this one.  I thought of doing Cricut letters but wanted to simplify my life with stickers.  I found some really ornate gold ones that probably would have worked beautifully but then I saw these.  It's a bit hard to see but they're raised and clear but have a silver backer so they have a rather glassy-like shine to them.





Ingredients:
Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DSP Little Yellow Bicycle
Stickers: Martha Stewart
Misc: Burlap, Stickles, Red Hemp, White eyelets

Challenges:
Scrappin' Chics: Home for the Holidays
Sarah Hurley Challenges: Christmas
Crafts Unleashed: Christmas
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes with Glitter (Hopefully Stickles count towards glitter- I Stickled the edges of all of the circles)
Desert Island Crafters: #21 (Not a card, Christmas theme, Glitter (see my Stickles comment above if you will please!)
Whimsical Designs: Layer it
Somewhat Simple: 12/7 projects
Tip Junkie: 12/6 projects
Tip Junkie handmade projects 
Tatertots & Jello: 12/9 projects

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute. LOVE the burlap. of course I pretty much like anything with burlap. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower. Would love you to stop by DIY Home Sweet Home

    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have a linky every Monday would love you to stop by Monday and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I like this. I might have to steal this idea and make one for myself. Thanks for entering the challenge at Sarah Hurley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Jen I'm ever so sorry, I had a bit of a morning this morning, I didn't notice until I had commented on about 40 cards that the challenge was an older one,
    This is one fabulous banner , absolutely gorgeous and yes the use of stickles does count ..... I love he colour theme and the design, it's one brilliant idea,
    Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion Anything Goes with Glitter and I do hope you will join us again next week,
    Take care and have a lovely rest of the week
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this it's so darling I'd love you to add it to what we wore and made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful banner! I love that you made it out of burlap, it gives it such great texture. The sticker letters and rossetes are wonderful. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a fab project, its gorgeous! I love your banner, its a really stunning project. Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley's challenge this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great banner! Thanks so much for joining us at Desert Islands Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete