Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Zoo Layout

Well, I just did something I didn't think I could... and I like it!  :)  And no, I'm not referring to doing my 4th layout of the week (though that definitely counts too!)  I'm referring to doing a layout for my son with floral papers.  I strongly think it's because the colors are so bold but whatever the case, maybe I can do it again sometime.
Something else I did to conserve materials was to start using the foam in between the pop-dots.  I don't know where I got these dots but there's SO much in-between material- WAY more than the dots themselves and there's nothing wrong with it.  It may not be pretty but who's gonna see it?!
Ingredients:
Paper: (Cotton Bloom) DCWV
Misc: (Twine) Divine Twine, (Old King Cole & Billy Goats Gruff Alpha Chipboard) Piggy Tales

Challenges:
Shopping Our Stash: Make/Use a border (I trimmed the edges on the blue scalloped pieces to make some borders.  As for the stash, I'm using up those aforementioned pop-dots which were one of the first things I ever bought.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, he is a handsome fella for sure! The flowers totally work; I love your interpretation of that sketch too. 4th LO this week? Awesome, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive using the flowers. It doesn't look "girly" at all. The colors are great and I like your version of the DCWV challenge. (I'm totally with you on using up the leftover on the pop dots. I do the same thing...no one sees it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful LO and great colors too!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete