Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Birthday card for DH

Yep.  Mr. Man has a birthday tomorrow so I kinda needed to come up with a card.  Valentine's may come later but the cards have to be done first to hit the post office in time.  It occurred to me last night that I'd better cook up a card pretty quick.  I picked up a fun set of manly-man stamps from Stampin' Up last year and have been wanting to use them so here was my chance. 
I dinged up the Vanilla cardstock with True Thyme and Forest Foliage inks to match the patterned papers.


Ingredients:
Print paper: (Complete Boy stack) My Mind's Eye

Cardstock: (Very Vanilla, Crumbcake) Stampin' Up
Stamps: (To a Classic) Stampin' Up
Ink: (True Thyme, Forest Foliage) Stampin' Up
Misc (Pastels) Stampin' Up, (Gear) Tim Holtz, Watch parts

Challenges
My Mind's Eye #32: Theme: You.  While it doesn't say "Happy birthday to you," I think it's pretty well implied.  Also, 80% of the card content has to be MME.  I'm not sure if I have that but all print papers are from the Complete Boy stack (striped and dotted papers in the back and the punched circles) so I'm hoping this counts.

2 comments: