Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Festival of Lights

Last Nov, we had the chance to walk through an amazing Christmas lights display.  It's one of those things that AAA advertises as a "must-attend" and traffic backs up for miles every weekend for 2 months.  We drove through the previous year on a COLD week night so it was sane and very nice to see.  However, when I saw that Make-a-Wish was doing a fundraiser where you could walk part of the lights, I jumped on it.  During the 3mi walk, I snapped as many photos as I could while trying not to be trampled by the hundreds of other people and not fall off the road into ravines around it (it's pitch black except for all of the Christmas lights.)  A lot of the photos turned out well so I have a LOT of photos of lights and hadn't figured out how to scrap them.  THEN...





I loved the sketch I saw over on Club CK and it worked for the scads of photos... well, most of them.  In the end, I had enough to cover 2 pages but I couldn't cut them all down to 2x3" so I did a 2nd page with some different sizes.  The catch is that the 2nd page HURT to make.  I was a yearbook editor in college.  I beat into my staff that we would NOT collage pictures.  Everything HAD to be captioned.  Everything needed a way off of the page.  There were rules.  I STILL follow those rules.  There MUST be journalling.  Collages are BAD.  And I made a collage page.  My editorial soul is still screaming at the injustice of it all.  I feel for it but it can just scream because darn it, I got all of those pictures on the spread and my kid likes it.  Good 'nuf.

I did have to share one additional thing.  When I was trying to get pix of these (hard because of all of the insane reflections off of that many photos), I tried to lean the pages on the stairs.  Didn't work- someone else had to be in the photos and obviously wasn't concerned that I was trying to accomplish something.  *sigh*

Ingredients- This is an easy one!
Paper: (Green Galore, Very Vanilla, Basic Black): Stampin Up

Stamp: (Tag): Stampin' Up
Ink: (Basic Black): Stampin' Up
Rub ons: October Afternoon

Challenges:
Apron Strings: #16: Candles (Rub-ons)
Club CK:
1hr Challenge:

3 comments:

  1. Wow night pics are hard to capture. Your layouts look great and like a fun time. Glad you joined our BEHIND THE ALLEY BLOG HOP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a festival of lights but didn't come away with such amazing photos! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are amazing! Mine never come out so crisp, they end up looking like I was balancing on a ball on a moving deck of a ship.

    ReplyDelete