Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

First sewn "layered" card... finally!

I LOVE all of these projects I've seen around with the multi-layered punched papers sewn down so the layers stack 3-dimensionally and I've wanted to try one.  For a while.  A long while.  Really.  Problem is that I just don't like sewing.  At all.  Really.  However, I had to hem some pants for DH earlier this week and the machine is still out and ready to run so today was the day.  As easy as it was, I really should have done this much sooner.
Ingredients: Hey look!  More of that SU patterned paper!  :)
Paper: (Patterned paper, Whisper White, Real Red) Stampin' Up
Stamp: (Picture This) Stampin' Up
Ink: (Real Red) Stampin' Up
Punches: (Full Heart, Heart to Heart) Stampin' Up, (Corner rounder) EK Success


Challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays #39: Love Ya To Pieces (Paper-piecing.  OK.  My little heart is SMALL but I think it really kinda finishes off the card.  It really wasn't the same without it.)

Tip Top Tuesday #69: Valentine's
Frosted Designs: LOVE (While it doesn't SAY "love," that's what the heart "says."
Apron Strings Bingo Card: New to you technique

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! Perfect paper combo and awesome stitching!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lovely idea to make it really 3D. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, and a super sweet message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and clean! I love the sewing you did! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful creation! I love the colors and your design is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this time and good luck! Be sure to join us again tomorrow for the mystical challenge too!
    Hugs,
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I too, am inspired by all the sewn 3-d elements I keep seeing around, but have not hauled out the sewing machine yet. I'm so glad that you got to make yours though, and thanks for sharing them here.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute and clever!! Love the dimension that comes from popping those hearts out like that - outstanding! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple. So beautiful. I love this technique. Good for you for giving it a go.

    ReplyDelete