Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

My OLD sketch and thoughts book

I've been trying to do some of the Big Picture Classes' "Big Idea Festival" challenges and today's kicked my butt over to my shelves to dig out my long-forgotten sketch and thought book.  It's a simple blank book my BF from high school gave me at graduation.  Pathetically, I've never filled it entirely but I do enjoy pulling it out and periodically adding to it and perusing my history.  It has things from college, grad school and beyond in it.  Thoughts, project ideas, sketches, weird dreams I had, Christmas lists, AFI Top 100 movies for several themes, notes I took when industry animators came to visit at school, etc.

Here's some random images/pages from the book.  You can see it's been through the ringer- I had to put masking tape and then electrical tape on the spine to hold it all together.







This is the page I did for the BPC "School Lunches" challenges.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what fun! I know that it is a joy to dig those old journals out. I am so glad that my Mom kept mine. You are an illustrator too!

    ReplyDelete