Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

And now, time for Frozen Yogurt!

You may remember that the other month I did a post about pudding for ConAgra foods.  Well, I have another one and it's another yummer.  This time I was able to try Healthy Choice's Greek Frozen Yogurts, Raspberry and Vanilla varieties to be exact.  While I'm not a huge fan of plain vanilla anything, I wanted to try it since I do like to serve vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt WITH things (like, oh, I dunno... brownies maybe?)  Both flavors were VERY rich, much richer and with more creaminess than traditional frozen yogurt.  They'd definitely appeal to ice cream fans who don't care for the lighter, less "melty creaminess" that frozen yogurt usually offers.  Personally, they were a bit too rich for my tastes since I prefer frozen yogurts and sherbets that are lighter.  However, I will say that while the vanilla was good, the flavor of the raspberry was simply wonderful.  And, at only 100cal per serving cup, they're certainly an allowable snack... even at midnight or so if you're a night owl that gets late night munchie attacks.

I haven't seen these in the stores myself so I don't know what the price point is but if you see them and the price is agreeable, I'd definitely recommend giving them a try.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment