Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

WCMD #10: Sketch

And that brings me to my final WCMD challenge card- one for a Unity sketch.  I waited on this one because I just couldn't come up with anything that I loved.  I wanted to make a Halloween card and really only have "The Glowing Hours" to work with.  I couldn't figure out how to include the chandelier but thought the sentiment would be bland on its own.  However, I then looked at the sketch a bit differently and instead of seeing a section where the paper might be different, I looked at it as something that just wasn't entirely shown.  Something like the moon.


I wasn't able to get a photo that shows it well but the moon is made from a pearlescent paper and the highlights on the bats' wings are done in a pearly paint.

In retrospect, it's weird to have the moon over a bat and not the other way around.  My inks and stamps are put away.  Weird it is.

Ingredients:
Stamp: (The Glowing Hours): Unity
Ink: (Silver, Pearl Paint): Tsukineko, (Distress marker): Tim Holtz, (Night of Navy- sponged on moon): Stampin' Up
Paper: (Night of Navy): Stampin'  Up, (Pearl white): ?

Challenges: 
Unique Crafters' Challenge: Halloween
Unity Challenge: Things in the air
Unity:


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing are Unique Crafter. I like the bats. and how simple your card is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a great take on the sketch! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just great!! So glad you played along in the Unity Opportunity 'Things in the Air' Challenge!
    ~JenMarie Taylor

    ReplyDelete