Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

GIU Wrap Up and Winner!

Before I say anything else, I wanted to thank you all for the comments you left last week.  I generally try to respond to every comment left on my blog but between the number that were left by folks with accounts without email addresses attached to them (meaning I CAN'T email you back) and simply the sheer number of comments left, I'm not able to reply to all of them. 

Quite a few of you left comments and questions that I do want to respond to and since so many of them were repeated, I'll here.  However, the winner of the Itty Bittys first.  Drum roll.....

Gaylynn, congrats!!! (comment left April 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM.)  I'll send you an email about this.

So.  To answer some of the questions/respond to some comments I read last week.

  • What do I think of the Inktense pencils?
I like them.  I have a box of Staedtler watercolor pencils that I've been using for quite a few years but I really wanted to try the Inktense ones after hearing so much about them.  I will say I was thrilled thrilled that I had an ACMoore coupon and gift certificate when I bought them.  I'm not sure I'd want to pay what they usually cost- they're darn expensive.  However, they do blend beautifully and have a great intense color to them.  I love the range of colors that are available.  I only picked up the 12pc tin to start but I can see myself getting more... with a coupon.  :)
  • Why color on the back of the acrylic sheet when the stamped image is on the front? (Friday's ornaments card)
There's actually 2 reasons for this.  First, sometimes when you color, the markers will smudge or erase the line or another color.  Sharpies are particularly prone to doing this.  Second, even if the line stayed intact, lets face it.  No one stays in the lines all the time- sometimes you color on the line.  If you were seeing that side of the image, the coloring may overpower the line.  However, if you color it and then flip it back over, the black line is always on top of the colored image and therefore, the line appears crisp and clean.
  • I'm a sucker for fussy cutting.  Only 2 of the 10 cards last week weren't fussy cut.  Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's how I deal with a botched coloring job or other mistake (washi tape embossing gone bad for instance.)  
  • I haven't done much paper piecing but with the little fussy cutting fetish I seem to have, I don't know why I don't do more.
  • My favorites last week were the pieced mushroom and the torn underwear (I probably giggled the whole time I made that one.)  They also seemed to be the two projects that got the most comments.
Again, many thanks for your comments last week!  I appreciated them all!




1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Gaylynn, and thanks for answering my Inktense question! I appreciate it! I ordered the "change is a good thing" Itty Bitty when it was on sale last weekend after seeing your torn underwear card. I, too, loved that one and the paper pieced mushroom.

    ReplyDelete